HOW IT ALL BEGAN
In 1951 a parcel of land along Beach Lane in Weybourne was left to the Weybourne Parish Council by local resident Mrs Fiona Long with the proviso that a village hall should be built on it and that it should be run by a Management Committee. The Village Hall was registered as a charity in 1964 (No.304112). The current hall was built with money raised from a fundraising “buy a brick” campaign and was opened on 23 October 1976 and the Management Committee was formed at the same time.
Today the Village Hall is run by a managing group of Trustees, who have responsibility for ensuring that the hall is run according to the terms of the Trust Deed.
Regular users of the hall include all age groups and a wide range of activities is on offer. A full list can be found under Regular Events.
The hall activities provide a variety of ways to meet others, share interests and create a sense of belonging to this beautiful rural coastal community.
Where we are now …
In 2016 the Committee embarked on a major refurbishment of the Village Hall in two phases. Phase 1, the removal of all asbestos and replacement of suitable alternatives to the main roof, kitchen and store room roofs, entrance porch and external cladding – completed mid 2017.
Phase 2 – improvements to the toilets, kitchen facilities, disabled access, lighting, entrance/fire doors and decorating – completed early 2018. There remains two major items outstanding – replacement of the main hall floor and curtains.